- $28 for one general admission ticket (up to $40 value)
- $40 for two general admission tickets (up to $80 value)
- $35 for one premium ticket for seating in the first 4 rows (up to $50 value)
- $50 for two premium tickets for seating in the first 4 rows (up to $100 value)
Performances on November 21 take place at Grace Lutheran Church, while performances on November 22 take place at Fourth Presbyterian Church.
Bella Voce: “Handel’s Messiah 2015”
- Bella Voce: Founded in 1982, Chicago’s premier professional chamber choir has built a repertoire of classic a capella, early music of the Americas, and contemporary music from across the world, and received the prestigious Alice Parker ASCAP Chorus America Award for their adventurous programming
- Callipygian Players: This ensemble of period instrument musicians, directed by award-winning violinist Martin Davids, specializes in recreating the Baroque era
- Handel—Messiah: Best known for the soul-shaking “Hallelujah” chorus at its heart, Handel’s Messiah meditates on the first Christmas with English lyrics drawn from the King James Bible and Book of Common Prayer. A holiday favorite for its joyful reverence, rich orchestration, and emotional resonance, the oratorio is also known for its malleability. The conductors who perform habitually it bend and trim it to their whim, creating pieces that are uniquely their own. For this show, Bella Voce and the Callipygian Players are performing it using only instruments from the period in which it was written.