A good impersonation can be indistinguishable from the real thing, which is why Method actors are no longer allowed to play dictators. Take in a safer form of imitation with this GrouponLive deal for a night of tribute tunes at Belly Up in Solana Beach. For $6, you get one general-admission ticket to a cover-band concert (a $12 value). All concerts are on a Friday evening at 9 p.m. Choose from the following concerts:
- ‘90s Tribute Night on July 20 with bands covering the Beastie Boys, Jane’s Addiction, and Stone Temple Pilots
- Forever 27 Club on July 27 with bands covering The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, and Janis Joplin
- ‘70s vs. ‘80s Tribute Night on August 3 with bands covering Tom Petty, Pat Benatar, and The Rolling Stones
- Monsters of Rock on August 10 with bands covering Metallica, AC/DC, and Van Halen
- ‘90s Tribute Night on August 17 with bands covering No Doubt, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Social Distortion
- ‘80s Tribute Night on August 24 with bands covering Bon Jovi and Guns N’ Roses
- Beatles vs. Elvis on August 31
At Belly Up’s Summer Tribute Series, ears do a double take as tribute bands take on the larger-than-life personas of adored musicians from the '60s through the '90s, all without the rock-star baggage or pretension. Between sets, resident DJ Man-Cat keeps the party rolling with dance beats that happily suspend each evening’s illusion. The series begins on July 20 when Wicked Garden cranks up the guitars and blares Stone Temple Pilot’s “Interstate Love Song,” and Geezer’s Grandsons exchange playful verses with each other in their rendition of the Beastie Boys' “Rhymin’ & Stealin’.” The Forever 27 Club (July 27) celebrates music legends prematurely lost at the age of 27, including the iconic Jim Morrison, who gets his due tribute throughout Strange Days’ set. During '70s vs '80s Tribute Night (August 3), Tom Petty enthusiasts The PettyBreakers and Pat Benatar doppelgangers the HeartBreaker duke it out and perform cherished hits from different eras of music.
On '80s Tribute Night (August 24), Dust N Bones not only look and sound like Axl Rose and company in 1986 Hollywood, but they also flash the same bravado when their 23-year-old lead singer declares, “We just want to give the people what the band can no longer offer.” Beatles vs. Elvis (August 31) showcases the imitating talents of The Hollywood Beetles, who emulate their across-the-pond characters both visually and audibly, and Elite Elvis, who strives for a pinpoint impersonation of The King by wearing a jumpsuit made out of peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
143 S Cedros Ave.
Solana Beach, California 92075Get Directions