Live music can set the mood on a cruise and overpower the sound of curse words that whales have incorporated into their songs after centuries of hanging out with sailors. Take in less salty tunes with this GrouponLive deal.
- One G-Pass to see Helen Reddy in concert
- When: Monday, July 29, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Bergen Performing Arts Center
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $24 for front- or rear-balcony section (up to a $49 value)
- $29 for orchestra or mezzanine section (up to a $59.75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- How you know her: she became the standard-bearer for second-wave feminism with “I Am Woman”
- Yeah, but besides that: she scored 15 Top 40 hits, six Top 10, and three chart-toppers
- Yeah, but besides that: she had starring roles in Pete’s Dragon and Airport 1975
- Anything else?: she’s a clinical hypnotherapist and motivational speaker
- She’s the first Australian to: top the US charts, win a Grammy, successfully communicate with a cartoon dragon
- Also known as: the “Queen of ’70s Pop”
- Best known songs: “I Am Woman,” “Angie Baby,” “Delta Dawn”
- Lesser-known must-listens: “I Can’t Say Goodbye to You,” “Bluebird”<p>
Bergen Performing Arts Center
In 2004—on a mission to bolster its community’s wellspring of creativity and education—the nonprofit Bergen Performing Arts Center took over the former John Harms Center, an art-deco-style movie and vaudeville palace built in 1922. Today, in the same antique theater where Frank Capra screened his first car chase, the venue hosts 150 yearly events that bring dance, music, and theatrical productions to an estimated 250,000 annual audience members. Networks such as HBO, PBS, and MTV all have filmed international broadcasts on the stage, which has seen the likes of Diana Krall, Heart, and ZZ Top.