What You'll Get
- $200 for a four-day pass to Bhakti Fest West (up to $400 value)
- When: September 4–7 at 7 a.m.
- Where: Joshua Tree Retreat Center
- General admission
- Door time: 7 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Bhakti Fest West
- What is Bhakti Fest: a festival of love, limberness, and music
- What you’ll find: kirtan chants, yoga demonstrations, and spiritual-healing workshops
- What’s kirtan?: an Indian folk-music tradition of call-and-response chanting, rich with intoxicating rhythms and melodies that build verse by verse
- Performers: Krishna Das (who is also conducting a workshop), Donna De Lory, and renowned duo Prema Hara, among others
- Effects of kirtan: it creates an atmosphere ripe for spiritual awakening
- How Krishna Das, a former rock ‘n’ roller and Grammy nominee, explains the atavistic appeal of chanting: “[It] just hits you and you want to be a part of it . . . you don’t have to know what it means.”
- Yoga luminaries on hand: The legendary Dharma Mittra, and Bhakti and Tantra expert Saul David Raye
- Other reasons for guests and their centers to attend: for the healing sanctuary, the vendor village, and the chance to stock up an emergency supply of positive vibes
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 8, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 9/4 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Joshua Tree Retreat Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Bhakti Fest's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.