- One ticket to see Big Apple Circus: The Grand Tour, starting from $15
- Click here to view the seating chart
The Grand Tour
- The Setting: the world in the 1920s, as the circus takes audiences to the four corners of the earth via trains, automobiles, airplanes, and steamships, joined live by the seven-piece Big Apple Circus Band
- The Cast: clowns, jugglers, acrobats, and aerialists from Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia, and both Americas
- The Critters: domestic and rescue animals perform stunning tricks, demonstrating their talent and intelligence, as well as the effectiveness of the circus’s positive reinforcement
Big Apple Circus
Warm in winter, cool in summer, and filled with amazing acts in every season, the Big Apple Circus's pair of Italian-made big tops contains the best of several generations' worth of circus traditions. A look at any show's cast finds a complex network of venerable European circus families passing the arts of juggling and trapeze artistry down through the years, while the tents' motors and seating make for a comfortably modern spectator experience.
You might never guess that the troupe started small in 1974, when American circus artists Paul Binder and Michael Christensen joined forces as a juggling act on the streets of Europe. They moved from streetlights to spotlights in a hurry, appearing on the stage of the Nouveau Cirque de Paris, before returning to the U.S. and creating their own not-for-profit circus in 1976 and raising their first tent in New York's Battery Park.
Lincoln Center Plaza – Damrosch Park
70 Lincoln Center Plaza
New York, NY 10023