- $30 for one balcony ticket (up to $69.88 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- The Sound of Billy Gibbons: A hickory-smoked voice paired with a helping of guitar that revs up and roars like a ‘58 Ford Thunderbird—all seasoned with a blues-rock boogie-woogie that can only belong to ZZ Top.
- The Look: Sunglasses? Check. Hat? Check. Massive beard that tells you he’s Billy Gibbons? Check.
- The Acclaim: He’s been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, ranked in slot 32 on Rolling Stone’s list of 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time, and praised by pal and mentor Jimi Hendrix.
- Perfectamundo: Billy’s first-ever solo record, which finds the legend flexing his frets across Latin and Cuban grooves with lyrics that switch between English, Spanish, and what Billy calls, “Slanguish.”
- The Critical Response?: The Guardian says, “whether doffing a sombrero to hip-hop or fret-melting like Jimi Hendrix, Gibbons is clearly having a blast, and the big-bearded rock beast’s yelled invitation to ‘Have a party! Let’s have a siesta!’ is not easily turned down.”
- What to Expect: a rollicking set of new jams and perhaps some ZZ classics from Billy and his new band, The BFG, which is twice the size of the Top but lighter, looser, and a little less bearded
The Pabst Theater
Captain Frederick Pabst contributed to Milwaukee’s status as a cultural landmark of the upper Midwest by building Pabst Theater, formally known as Das Neue Deutsche Stadt-Theater, in 1895. According to legend, when he was informed that his theater had burned to the ground, the brewing magnate interrupted his European vacation to wire home the order to “Rebuild at once!”—and 11 months later, the stage was completed anew. Where the old theater honored German artists by having their names inscribed along the cornice of the auditorium, the new building featured an international consortium of cultural notables. The theater’s globe-spanning influences were made even more apparent with the installation of an Austrian crystal chandelier and an Italian marble staircase.