The best plays both inspire and educate, just like the big locker-room speech the coach gives before every mathlete tournament. Be moved with this GrouponLive deal.
- $35 for one ticket to Black Angels Over Tuskegee (up to $70.50 value)
- When: Saturdays at 4 p.m., May 3–June 28
- Where: Actors Temple Theatre
- Seating: orchestra section, rows A–L
- Door time: 3:45 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Black Angels Over Tuskegee
Quentin and his brother Abraham want to serve their country in the fight against fascism, but in the 1940s, the United States won't allow African-Americans to stand beside whites. So the two join up with the Tuskegee Airmen, the country's first battalion of black aviators. There, they meet four other like-minded young men—and face ongoing discrimination. Now in its fifth year Off-Broadway, Black Angels Over Tuskegee won the 2009 NAACP Award for Best Ensemble and the 2009 Hollywood Artistic Director Achievement Award for Best Play. Called "uplifting" and "inspirational" by The New York Times, it has moved audiences from coast to coast, including onlookers at the National Tuskegee Airmen Convention.