There are many classic comedy routines, but none is more lauded than the one in which someone walks toward a banana peel and places it in the garbage. Enjoy throwaway gags with this GrouponLive deal to see Black Man in the White House (The Second Term Tour) featuring Paul Mooney at the Black Repertory Group. For $45, you get one VIP gold ticket package (up to a $94.14 value, including all fees), which includes:
- Velvet-rope VIP gold-section seating
- Bottomless champagne and cider service
- Express red-carpet entry<p>
Choose from the following performances:
- Wednesday, December 26, at 8 p.m. or 10 p.m.
- Thursday, December 27, at 8 p.m. or 10 p.m.
- Friday, December 28, at 8 p.m. or 10 p.m.
- Saturday, December 29, at 8 p.m. or 10 p.m.
- Sunday, December 30, at 5 p.m. or 9 p.m.
- Monday, December 31, at 7 p.m., 9 p.m., or 11 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 1, at 7 p.m. or 9 p.m.<p>
Doors open 90 minutes before each show. The show is recommended for fans 13 and older.
Fabled writer, Grammy-nominated comedian, and actor Paul Mooney pulls no punches as he puts history and the recent, highly fraught presidential election in his sharpened, sardonic sights. Drawn from a career with beginnings as a circus ringmaster and leading to years of notoriety as a comedy writer, Mooney’s words have filled the mouths of Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, and the cast of In Living Color. Although modern audiences best know him for his blistering work on Chappelle’s Show, longtime fans recognize him as a fearless standup comedian who often skewers tender subjects like an accident-prone luau master, drawing on a deep and heartfelt sense of history with a burning, righteous ardor. For Black Man in the White House (The Second Term Tour), Mooney spares no targets in his politician-puncturing monologue, keeping his tone conversational and his observations knee-slappingly honest.
Paul Mooney on President Obama
Warning: contains brief moments of harsh language <iframe width="450" height="243" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/weltVee3Nxo" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="allowFullScreen"></iframe>