What You'll Get
- One Crown Jewel ticket package to the Golden Jubilee Comedy Show with “Speedy” Caldwell
- When: December 29–31; choose a showtime upon checkout
- Where: Black Repertory Group Theater
- Seating: priority stagefront seating
- Door time: 90 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Soul food cuisine is available 2 hours before showtime with reservation (not included in Groupon)
- Performance on the newly installed dance floor by DJ Oras
- $40 for one ticket on December 29 or 30 (up to $104.49 value)
- $50 for one ticket on December 31 (up to $104.49 value)
- Red-carpet entry
- Bottomless champagne
- Appearance on DVD of the performance
- Onstage pictures taken with “Speedy” Caldwell and the winning comics
New Year’s Eve Comedy Show
- The host: “Speedy” Caldwell from Speedy’s Comedy Corner on Jamie Foxx’s Sirius station The Foxxhole
- The format: Over four shows, a lineup of 50 comedians vie for the title of Keeper of the Culture and the “Mooneyworld scepter,” in tribute to comedy legend Paul Mooney.
- Their assigned theme: a socially aware look at the events of 2014
- Who’s judging: The audience: attendees at the first two shows determine who’ll go on to the final rounds on New Year’s Eve.
- The denouement: After the late shows, everyone heads to the newly installed dance floor to totally destroy its newly installed rug to the sounds of DJ Oras Washington.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 1, 2015. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Berkeley Black Repertory Group Theater. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Black Repertory Group's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 90 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Recommended for age 13 or older. Must be 21 or older for alcohol. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.