Going to a concert is an opportunity to be around a lot of people and maybe finally collect all those signatures you need to start selling fresh meat in your front yard. Be a part of something big with this GrouponLive.
- $12 for one ticket to see Black Violin (up to a $26.80 value)
- When: Friday, October 11, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Memorial Hall of Racine Civic Centre
- Section: floor
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Black Violin – "A Flat" (Official Video)
* The name: taken from famed jazz violinist Stuff Smith's album Black Violin * The players: Wilner "Wil B" Baptiste and Kevin "Kev Marcus" Sylvester * The sound: elegant string duets underscored by funk and hip-hop beats; Beethoven if he grew up in South Florida and had a bigger imagination * A famous fan: Barack Obama, who invited them to play his 2013 Inaugural Ball * Another famous fan: Alicia Keys, who played with them at the 2004 Billboard Awards * Other famous fans who've collaborated with Black Violin: Kendrick Lamar, Kayne, 50 Cent, Wu-Tang Clan, and The Eagles * What the [New York Times](http://gr.pn/1a3dCOe) thinks: “Sometimes they play with the intense seriousness of orchestral soloists; at others they fiddle as if at a hoedown; at still others they strum the violin and viola like guitars...Black Violin works hard, but makes it all look like play.” * What the [Independent](http://gr.pn/1a3dM84) thought of their SXSW set: they ranked them as one of the best bands of the festival * What to expect during the show: sonic adventures in skillful bowing from their latest album, Classically Trained