- $15 for two tickets to Blues Society of Omaha: Blues Cruise Reunion (up to $30 value)
- When: Sunday, August 17, at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Kon-Tiki-O Party Barge at River City Star Landing
- General admission
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Blues Cruise Reunion
- The setting: a luxury riverboat anchored and docked on the Missouri River
- The music: blues, blues, and more blues from Sean Chambers Band, Dan Treanor’s Afrosippi Band, and The Honeyboy Turner Band
- How Mark Uricheck of Living Blues magazine describes Chambers’s sound: “a no-frills blend of Chicago, Texas, and Delta styles, played with an understated sense of ferocity”
- Joining Treanor, a 45-year blues veteran, and his band: Erica Brown, a bluesy crooner who helps infuse the band’s sound with R & B, rock, and soul
- In addition to original blues compositions, The Honeyboy Turner Band plays: classic Chicago blues staples by Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Howlin’ Wolf, and a down-and-out hot dog that got ketchup on itself
Blues Society of Omaha
For a completely volunteer-run organization, the Blues Society of Omaha functions as if it were raking in the big bucks. For starters, its packed calendar boasts a who’s who of regional blues bands and artists, including Mike Gurciullo and His Las Vegas Lab Band, Eric Johnson, and Susie Thorne Group. Then, it whisks musicians to area stages and outdoor gardens. Lastly, the nonprofit welcomes members to its online forum, where they can discuss all things blues such as the best way to pen a resignation letter in three-quarter time.