- $7 for one single-day ticket to BodhiFest Miami (up to $10 value)
- When: Saturday, January 24, through Sunday, February 8
- Where: Ichimura Miami Japanese Garden
- General admission
- Door time: 10 a.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Admission is free for seniors and children under age 12. Most festival activities take place on the weekends from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
See the schedule here for more information.
- What it is: a second-annual celebration of peace, spirituality, and intercultural exchange
- Its centerpiece: the Jade Buddha for Universal Peace, a 7-foot-tall healing statue valued at more than $5 million, which sculptors spent five years carving out of an 18-ton jade boulder discovered in Canada’s Arctic Circle
- Ceremonial activities: spiritual leaders from Buddhist temples, Hindu temples, Catholic churches, Jewish temples, Muslim mosques, and other religious centers chant and pray together; monks from Tibet’s Drepung Gomang Monastery create and consecrate the World Peace Prayers Sand Mandala
- Performances that your feet will understand even if your ears don’t: a Chinese lion dance, a Tibetan yak dance, and folk dancing from the Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, India, and Persia
- Services for furry family members: priests, nuns, and monks will perform animal blessings for good health, physical and mental well-being, and longer lives
- What else you’ll see: a Dragon Boat display, Japanese Taiko drummers, demonstrations of yoga and martial arts
- Closing ceremonies: a Tibetan Snow Lion dance, interfaith chanting, and a ritual known as the Sand Mandala Destruction for Universal Peace