- $22 for one ticket to see Body Count (up to $43.75 value)
- When: Sunday, May 31, at 7 p.m.
- Where: The Paramount
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the venue layout
- Who Body Count Is: the ferocious and fearless breakneck thrash-metal band fronted by gangsta-rap pioneer Ice-T
- Its Legacy: it jumpstarted the rap-metal movement and stirred up national controversy in the process due to Ice-T’s brazen lyrics
- How Brazen: “Cop Killer” stoked the collective ire of Charleston Heston, Dan Quayle, Tipper Gore, and President George H.W. Bush
- The Irony: Ice-T has now made a career out of playing a cop on Law & Order: SVU
- Your First Body Count Experience: on Ice-T’s 1991 hip-hop game-changer, O.G. Original Gangsta, when the band hijacked the record at track 18 with its headbanging theme song
- Your Next Body Count Experience: seeing Ice-T bellow, howl, and pummel his mic live while co-founder Ernie C strips the varnish off his guitar with shredding solos
- Tracks to Expect: favorites such as “There Goes the Neighborhood” and tracks from the latest album, Manslaughter
- Why Get There Early: to see Suffocation, Stray from the Path, and Tension heat up the stage until you can fry an egg on it
An oasis for arts-loving crowds tired of taking malfunctioning teleporters to the city, the cavernous, recently renovated Paramount draws in major acts to spare fans stressful commutes. The venue buzzes with a true rock 'n' roll vibe, beaming with a nocturnal color scheme decorated with whimsical local art and exposed brick walls.