- $38 for one G-Pass to see Boston (up to $56.90 value)
- When: Thursday, August 28, at 7 p.m.
- Where: US Cellular Center
- Seating: balcony sections 205–208 or 214–217
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Boston’s city of origin: Boston
- Boston’s center: multi-instrumentalist Tom Scholz
- What Tom was doing while graduating from MIT in 1970: honing his skills as a songwriter
- What he was doing while working for Polaroid post-graduation: recording Boston’s demos in a basement studio he built himself
- How that worked out: he quit Polaroid when he started hearing “More Than a Feeling” on the radio
- Record-setting record: Boston’s self-titled debut became the best-selling pop debut in history until it was supplanted in 1986 by Whitney Houston
- Since then: they’ve sold more than 31 million albums, and recently released Life, Love & Hope, an album more than a decade in the making
- Essential tracks: “Peace of Mind,” “Amanda,” “Smokin,” and the immortal “More Than A Feeling”
- Special guest for the “Heaven on Earth” tour: American Idol alum Siobhan Magnus, who lends her pipes to “Walk On”
- Opener: fellow classic rockers Starship, fronted by the banshee-voiced Mickey Thomas
- Hit guaranteed to summon skyscrapers from the ground: “We Built This City”