Musicians often cultivate a dynamic stage persona by filling their shows with multiple costume changes, elaborate choreography, and family-vacation slideshows. Feast your eyes and ears on a thrilling performance with this GrouponLive deal to see Bowfire at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre on Thursday, March 22, at 7:30 p.m. All tickets are for reserved seating and include all fees. Choose from the following options:
- For $18, you get one ticket for a seat in pricing level three (up to a $37.85 value).
- For $32, you get one ticket for a seat in pricing level two (up to a $63.35 value).
- For $34, you get two tickets for seats in pricing level three (up to a $75.70 value).
- For $45, you get one ticket for a seat in pricing level one (up to an $89.40 value).
- For $63, you get two tickets for seats in pricing level two (up to a $126.70 value).
- For $89, you get two tickets for seats in pricing level one (up to a $178.80 value).<p>
After a fall spent recording a new album, Bowfire flings its fiddle and violin virtuosos back on stage for a four-state tour. The new show spotlights a cast of string musicians who dip into varied musical genres as if they were sampling salsas after spinning in an office chair. As colorful lights soak the stage, violinists bow notes that strike classical chords, jazzy pitches, and bluegrass harmonies. A full band of backup musicians lays down bass lines and percussion, erecting a wall of complete, robust sound.
Each routine is quick and fast-paced, bursting with the energy and enthusiasm of a first-year teacher or a 10-fingered shark feeder. As the show incorporates so many musical styles, listeners are bound to enjoy most, if not all, the pieces. In an interview with the Globe and Mail, creator and artistic director Lenny Solomon said, “[The show’s] like the weather in Hawaii: If you don’t like something, wait five minutes and it will change.”
401 W Livingston St.
Orlando, Florida 32801