Millions of people worldwide enjoy horseracing, but very few of them actually have the speed, strength, and endurance required to win a race against a horse. Leave horseplay to the professionals with today’s GrouponLive deal for one reserved-seat ticket to the Breeders’ Cup World Championships at Churchill Downs in Louisville, taking place on Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5. On Friday, the gates open at 12 p.m., with the first post at 2 p.m. On Saturday, the gates open at 10 a.m., with the first post at 12:05 p.m. Choose from the following options:
On Friday, November 4:
- For $13, you get one ticket in seating sections 123–125 (a $27.50 value).
- For $23, you get one ticket in seating sections 223–225 (a $47.50 value).
- For $41, you get one ticket in seating sections 324–325 (an $82.50 value).
On Saturday, November 5:
* For $23, you get one ticket in seating sections 123–125 (a $47.50 value).
* For $43, you get one ticket in seating sections 223–225 (an $87.50 value).
* For $78, you get one ticket in seating sections 324–325 (a $157.50 value).
Over the course of two days and 15 championship races, the Breeders’ Cup World Championships crown thoroughbreds and their skilled jockeys with purses and awards reaching a total of $26 million. As a noninvitational event, any horse that meets the eligibility requirements or can french braid its own mane is allowed to participate. Once the race begins, each galloping equine travels between six furlongs and one-and-three-quarter miles before receiving a congratulatory pair of high-heeled horseshoes.
On both race days, patrons are permitted to bring several of their own items beyond the gates of the Downs, making for a relaxed spectating experience. Carry in a backless seat cushion to bolster hindquarterly comfort, or use binoculars to view each jockey’s miniature version of themselves perched on the bill of their riding cap.
700 Central Ave.
Louisville, Kentucky 40208Get Directions