What You'll Get
Guitarists often change instruments during concerts for different tunings or because the one they’ve been using is starting to smell like wet dog. Soak in the sounds with this deal.
- One G-Pass to see Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck
- When: Sunday, October 27, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: E.J. Thomas Hall – The University of Akron
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees. <p>
- $25 for balcony section (up to a $54.95 value)
- $35 for grand-tier section (up to a $69.80 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart. <p>
**How G-Pass Works:** Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app.
Brian Wilson & Jeff Beck
- A few of Brian Wilson’s accolades: he wrote or co-wrote more than two dozen top 40 hits as a co-founder of the Beach Boys, has been awarded multiple Grammys, was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and made goats look cool on the cover of Pet Sounds
- A few of Jeff Beck’s accolades: he played guitar with The Yardbirds, has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, and is ranked fifth on Rolling Stone’s list of “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time”
- What their concert combines: Brian Wilson, Jeff Beck, Al Jardine, and David Marks opening the show together with both of their respective bands performing a string of Brian Wilson hits, including several classic car songs.
- This seems historic: it is, because these bona fide geniuses rarely share the stage, and the tour is only one month long
- How the two partnered up: Beck honored Wilson at the MusiCares Person of the Year tribute by playing “Surf’s Up” in 2006 and sparks flew, leading to Beck appearing on Wilson’s upcoming solo album.
- What Brian Wilson will be offering: “some new tunes we want to try out on a live crowd as well as…some great music from our catalogues.”
- What Jeff Beck will be offering: “classic surfing safari music and this weird stuff that I do,” adding that “it will sound like it’s all of one accord.”
- Who else will appear on stage: former Beach Boys bandmates Al Jardine and David Marks
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 27, 2013. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purch'd. G-Pass not redeemable with mobile app. Use for admission at E.J. Thomas Hall - The University of Akron on 10/27. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher\. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current prices - price may differ on day of event. Doors open 1hr before showtime. Merchant reserves right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.