What You'll Get
Guitarists often change instruments during concerts for different tunings or because the one they've been using is starting to smell like wet dog. Soak in the sounds with this GrouponLive deal.
- $30 for one G-Pass to see Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck (up to a $68.65 value)
- When: Thursday, October 3, at 7 p.m.
- Where: St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- Seating: rows U–Z of section 201 or 203
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Brian Wilson & Jeff Beck
- A few of Brian Wilson's accolades: he wrote or co-wrote more than two dozen top 40 hits as a co-founder of the Beach Boys, has been awarded multiple Grammys, was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and made goats look cool on the cover of Pet Sounds
- A few of Jeff Beck's accolades: he played guitar with The Yardbirds, has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, and is ranked fifth on Rolling Stone's list of "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time"
- What their concert combines: Brian Wilson, Jeff Beck, Al Jardine, and David Marks opening the show together with both of their respective bands performing a string of Brian Wilson hits, including several classic car songs.
- This seems historic: it is, because these bona fide geniuses rarely share the stage, and the tour is only one month long
- How the two partnered up: Beck honored Wilson at the MusiCares Person of the Year tribute by playing "Surf's Up" in 2006 and sparks flew, leading to Beck appearing on Wilson's upcoming solo album.
- What Brian Wilson will be offering: "some new tunes we want to try out on a live crowd as well as...some great music from our catalogues."
- What Jeff Beck will be offering: "classic surfing safari music and this weird stuff that I do," adding that "it will sound like it's all of one accord."
- Who else will appear on stage: former Beach Boys bandmates Al Jardine and David Marks
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 3, 2013. Limit 8 per person. G-Pass not redeemable with mobile app. Use for admission at St. Augustine Amphitheatre on 10/3. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event. Doors open 90 minutes before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About St. Augustine Amphitheatre
History is built into the very foundation of St. Augustine Amphitheatre. Built in 1965 to commemorate the city's quadricentennial, the stage immediately began featuring Cross and Sword, a historical drama about the founding of St. Augustine. It was a tradition that continued unbroken for 32 years. In 2002, St. Johns County funded a refurbishing of the amphitheater. Five years later—after upgrading the capacity, constructing a hikeable arboretum, and clearing out lingering conquistadors—the new facility is capable of comfortably hosting up to 4,100 concertgoers.