People in musicals break into song at the drop of a hat, especially if that's their cue to sing, "Hats Are Falling Off All Over (Ain't It Windy?)." Doff your cap to this GrouponLive deal.
- $8 for one ticket to see Into the Woods (up to a $16 value)
- When: select weekend performances, August 24–31
- Where: Sturges Center of the Fine Arts
- Seating: best available upon reservation
- Door time: 60 minutes prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view all available dates and showtimes.
Into the Woods
The recipient of numerous Tony Awards upon its Broadway debut in 1987 and subsequent revival in 2002, Into the Woods marries a number of Grimm’s fairy tales with the mellifluous touch of composer Stephen Sondheim, adding a Broadway Theatricals Revivals cast with a live orchestra. By presenting the plight of Cinderella as a bored housewife and a Rapunzel on the verge of madness, among other twists on familiar characters, the musical critiques the concept of "happily ever after" to the sound of alternately rollicking and yearning musical accompaniment. The fairy-tale characters reveal their true colors both literally and metaphorically in their quest to achieve personal happiness, as the musical explores the redness of Little Red Riding Hood’s cape, the yellowness of Rapunzel’s hair, the whiteness of Jack's cow, and the goldness of Cinderella’s cavity filling. The eclectic, scheming personalities need something from one another for their wishes to come true, contributing to a crowd-pleasing plot filled with entertaining mix-ups and arguments.