What You'll Get
- $26 for one ticket to see Broken Bells with special guest Phantogram (up to $43.50 value)
- When: Wednesday, October 8, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Brady Theater
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click to view the seating chart
- Broken Bells is: Brian Burton—aka Danger Mouse—and James Mercer, the lead vocalist of the Shins
- How easy it would be to guess their alter-egos from Broken Bells’ sound: almost impossible
- Why: instead of the unexpected mash-ups found on Danger Mouse’s The Grey Album or the melancholy acoustics of Oh, Inverted World, it’s synth-infused space rock with a philosophical bent
- What Rolling Stone had to say about their self-titled debut: “What sweeps you up are the sweet, ascending verses, the rolling chorus and the Danger Mouse touches: analog-synth swirls, slo-mo kick drums, a melancholy bass line—hip-hop for turned-on shut-ins.”
- What you’ll hear on the their newest release, After the Disco: Duran Duran-like ballads such as “Perfect World,” lush soundscapes in “Leave It Alone,” and shockingly Gibbs-ian vocals from Mercer on the Bee Gees–like “Holding On for Life”
- Who Phantogram is: Josh Carter and Sarah Barthel
- Where they met: junior high
- Where you’ve heard them: collaborating with the Flaming Lips and Big Boi, or on their latest release, Voices
- Their style: beautifully disconcerting synth pop, like Crystal Castles with clearer vocals and creepier music videos
- How Pitchfork described their debut album, Eyelid Movies: “Behind the synth wash are shades of Portishead crackle, Dust Brothers clutter, even a little late-era Yeah Yeah Yeahs geek glamour.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 8, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem 10/8, 12 p.m to 8:30 p.m. for a ticket at venue will call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Brady Theater. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects ProTix's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call ProTix at 1-866-977-6849 promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.