- $80 for one admission to a three-hour introduction to glass-sculpting workshop ($150 value)
- Children 13 and older are welcome to attend this event
- Students should arrive 20 minutes early to complete and sign the general student waiver
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
Each event is capped at six purchasers.
What You’ll Do
Forget the “spark” of creativity—true inspiration comes at the end of a torch. There, a flame blazes so hot it can turn glass into molten potential. During this three-hour workshop, the instructors at Brooklyn Glass help students transform that potential into everything from beads to sculptures.
Fire Up a Torch
The instructor guides students as they heat and shape effetre and borosilicate glass on an open flame.
Manipulate the Molten Medium
Turn molten glass into beads and sculptures that—once cooled—can be taken home.
Where You’ll Meet
Brooklyn Glass puts up some pretty impressive numbers: 4,000 square feet of space, one onsite neon shop, one lampworking shop, and two furnaces that can melt through 1,300 pounds of glass in a single day. But its biggest assets are the innumerable artists who rent the studio’s space to create objects d’art both aesthetic and functional. As for the general public, they can enroll in glass-working classes that cater to everyone from beginners to advanced practitioners.