What You'll Get
Rappers typically perform with hype men, who keep the crowd's energy up by waving around towels and feeding the audience granola bars. Get pumped with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for two tickets to Bubba Sparxxx with two domestic or well drinks (up to $35.96 value)
- When: Friday, March 7, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Diesel Concert Lounge
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Birth name: Warren Anderson Mathis
- Why he chose his stage name: "Bubba" represents his Southern side, while "Sparxxx" is for his hip-hop side
- When you first met Bubba: in 2001, when his major label debut, Dark Days, Bright Nights dropped jaws, turned heads, and melted boot heels into gravy
- What made the album so unique: Bubba's twangy voice spraying hick-hop lyrics, all atop club-ready beats from famed producer Timbaland
- Country hip-hop is pretty common now: probably because Bubba paved the way for the genre
- What's new: Pain Management, Bubba's first album in seven years
- What's it like: a little more country than his previous albums, but with even sharper lyricism and guest appearances from country stars such as Colt Ford and Rodney Atkins
- Bubba tracks that inspire audiences to say both "Hey Ho!" and "Yeehaw!": "Ms. New Booty," "Deliverance," and "Ugly"
Diesel Concert Lounge
"It's like a little city in there," says co-owner Mike Mitchell of the 47,000 square feet of entertainment surrounding Diesel Concert Lounge. As part of the Premier Lanes complex—also home to an Italian restaurant and the Premier Lanes Bowling Alley—Diesel Concert Lounge is a complete about-face from the space's previous incarnation: a country music club called Diamonds & Spurs. With Mitchell and Premier Lanes' owner Joe Sgroi behind the scenes, the floor where cows once learned how to square-dance is now a haven for head-banging hard rock and head-bobbing hip-hop. As one of the only places in Michigan to sport multiple stages within one venue, Diesel keeps its calendar packed with a variety of touring stars and local heroes. Most of those heroes, including Kid Rock, Megadeth, and Uncle Kracker, are enshrined on the walls in hand-printed concert posters.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 7, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 3/7 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Diesel Concert Lounge. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Diesel Concert Lounge's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Must be 18+; must be 21+ to receive alcohol. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.