Guitarists often change instruments during concerts for different tunings or because the one they’ve been using is starting to smell like wet dog. Soak in the sounds with this GrouponLive deal.
- $59 for two tickets to see Buddy Guy and Jimmie Vaughan (up to a $118.50 value)
- When: Friday, August 30, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Arena Theatre
- Seating: sections 1–15, rows S–U
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Buddy Guy and Jimmie Vaughan
Buddy Guy performing "Damn Right, I've Got the Blues"
* Buddy Guy's birth name: George Guy * Chicago: the city whose blues sound was forged by Buddy, and the city that owes him a key and a park * 6: the number of Buddy's Grammy Awards * 30: Buddy's spot on Rolling Stones's list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists * 2005: the year Buddy was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame * Rhythm & Blues: Buddy's latest—and 27th—studio album, featuring guest stars including Keith Urban and Kid Rock * #1: where Rhythm & Blues debuted on the Billboard blues charts * Hey Buddy, do you have the blues?: "Damn Right, I Got the Blues" * Jimmie Vaughan is known for: playing blistering blues guitar; performing with The Fabulous Thunderbirds; being the older brother of the late musician Stevie Ray Vaughan * Jimmie's style: Texas blues * Proof of his guitar-playing skills: Fender created a Jimmie Vaughan Tex-Mex Stratocaster in his honor * 4: the number of Jimmie's Grammy Awards * Jimi Hendrix: the chump who broke Jimmie Vaughan's wah-wah pedal in 1969
At Arena Theatre, nobody sits farther than 60 feet from the show. Most concertgoers who’ve squinted their ways through major concerts at other venues can attest that the in-the-round seating arrangement and revolving stage are causes for celebration. And the stars have noticed. Since the 1970s, the state-of-the-art venue has attracted a long list of legendary performers including Willie Nelson, Tom Jones, and Aretha Franklin. While their golden vocal chords ring through the stellar acoustics, fans sink into comfy seats, savor a flashy light system, and discard their unnecessary opera glasses.