- $20 for one ticket to Bases Merlot-ed, a wine-tasting event hosted by the Buffalo Bisons, plus one ticket voucher to any Bisons 2015 home game ($16.75 value for the game ticket; $41.75 total value)
- When: Saturday, June 6, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Coca-Cola Field
- Ticket values include all fees.
- The game voucher is for reserved seating, marked in blue on the seating chart.
- Click here to view the Bisons’ schedule.
On June 6, Coca-Cola Field will transform from a ballpark into an oenophile’s paradise during the Bases Merlot-ed wine-tasting event. That evening, wineries and distilleries from all across the Niagara, Chatauqua, and Finger Lakes regions will showcase their wines and spirits, rain or shine. Equipped with souvenir wine glasses, attendees are free to roam around, taste different vintages, and perform emphatic “Safe!” signals for each one they like. Live entertainment adds to the event’s festive atmosphere, and other vendors will be on hand to showcase snacks, crafts, and housewares.
Despite spending most of their 125-plus-year history as a minor-league organization, the Bisons began play as a major-league club from 1879–85. All told, nearly 3,000 players and managers have donned the Bisons uniform, including 20 who have been immortalized in the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Currently, the Bisons compete every summer for an International League title, as well as the Thruway Cup—a regional- and bragging rights–based trophy chased by the Bisons, the Rochester Red Wings, and the Syracuse Chiefs. The Bisons have done half of their competing since 1988 at Coca-Cola Field, which boasts the largest video board in the minors and an infield kept moist by hoses that spray water and not soda as the field’s name would suggest.