A good actor can maintain intimacy while playing to the back row, whereas a bad actor can’t even see that far out of his horse costume. Catch a glimpse of engaging theater with today’s GrouponLive deal to see the UnCovered Theatre Company’s production of The Disorientation of Butterflies at the Irish American Heritage Center. For $9, you get one ticket for general-admission seating (up to a $19.62 value, including all fees). Doors open 30 minutes before each performance. Choose from the following showtimes:
- Friday, February 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 4, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 5, at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, February 9, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 10, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 11, at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 17, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 19, at 3 p.m.<p>
The UnCovered Theatre Company uses its intimate staging and stockade of acting talent to illuminate the human condition in engaging and thought-provoking artistic works. Fluttering in from the New York International Fringe Festival, where creator Alaska Reece Vance was recognized for her direction, The Disorientation of Butterflies presents a musical exploration of mania and misery. A cast of six delivers lyrics and libretto as Jessie the protagonist wrangles with morbid obsessions to the disdain of her loving husband, her Type A twin, and her scowling self-portrait. Boldly venturing into the mysteries of death, the values of life, and the unfluffable pillows of depression, the musical inspires with its unflinching glimpse into the tinted compartments of the brain where the sun don’t shine.