Comedy has long been used to subvert the established order, shedding light on modern life’s pervasive absurdities and fomenting distrust of potentially seltzer-filled boutonnieres. Bask in the ridiculous with today’s GrouponLive deal: for $22, you get two general-admission tickets to Bye Bye Liver, performed by Actors Theater of Minnesota at Camp Cabaret in St. Paul (up to a $44 value). Choose from the following performances:
- Friday, February 3, at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 4, at 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 10, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, February 11, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, February 11, at 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 17, at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 18, at 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 24, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 2, at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 3, at 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 9, at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 10, at 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 16, at 9:30 p.m.
Bye Bye Liver invites guests to balance laughs with libation-based games during 75 minutes of intoxicating sketch comedy. A cast culled from local comedy reserves, including the Actors Theater of Minnesota, Brave New Workshop Theatre, and the Fringe Festival, enthralls guests with knee-slapping sketches, interactive drinking games, and male-versus-female competitions that center on the wacky antics, comic consequences, and dazzling solutions to longstanding mathematical problems produced by alcohol. Crystal chandeliers and modern lamps illuminate Camp Cabaret’s lush leather couches, multicolored bar stools, and pale green walls as audiences order from the bar and knock back an evening that City Pages called “besotted yet sharp (like the sweet spot of a bender before things get messy).”
Actors Theater of Minnesota
Although it’s known for comedies such as the two-man, 24-character A Tuna Christmas, Actors Theater of Minnesota also places a significant emphasis on education and corporate training. At The Creative Institute, the ensemble trains students how to work theatrical media such as improv and writing into their everyday problem-solving skills.
490 N Robert St.
St. Paul, Minnesota 55101Get Directions