All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- One G-Pass to see The Nutcracker presented by the California Ballet, featuring the San Diego Symphony
- Meet the cast at a postshow Sugar Plum Party after 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 5:30 p.m. performances
- Red carpet photo experience before the 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. shows
- When: December 13–21
- Where: San Diego Civic Theatre
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $15–$22 for the balcony or upper loge (up to $47 value). All balcony seats require the use of stairs.
- $20–$30 for the rear mezzanine or dress circle (up to $62.75 value)
- $40–$60 for the gold rope (up to $114.50 value)
- $44 for the rear orchestra or front mezzanine (up to $72.75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- At the Civic Theatre, odd-numbered seats are on one side and even-numbered seats are on the other
Children must be at least 4 years old to attend The Nutcracker and require a ticket. This show runs two hours long and includes a 15-minute intermission. All performances feature a live orchestra; the Classics Philharmonic Orchestra on December 13–14 and the San Diego Symphony on December 17–21.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
The Nutcracker Presented by California Ballet
Based on a novel by 19th-century romantic fabulist E.T.A. Hoffman, The Nutcracker weaves a magical tale of holiday adventure around one of the most recognizable scores in the ballet repertoire. It begins when young Clara receives a nutcracker from her godfather, a wizardly toymaker named Drosselmeyer. Sneaking downstairs to see the toy after everyone else has gone to bed, she suddenly finds herself caught in the middle of a pitched battle between the toys and an army of mice. After saving the nutcracker with a well-thrown shoe to the Mouse King’s head, Clara and her now-living prince venture into the Land of Snow and the Land of Sweets to celebrate. Throughout their adventures, Tchaikovsky’s dazzling inventiveness propels the dances of nimble flowers and regal fairy queens. The “Waltz of the Snowflakes” floats weightlessly above the angelic voices of a youth choir, whereas the “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy” tiptoes to the haunting, music-box chimes of a celesta. A medley of exotic national dances—including a Spanish bolero and Russian Trepak—add to the phantasmagoric celebration before the whole dream ends, as all dreams must.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Not redeemable on mobile app. Use for admission at San Diego Civic Theatre on show day. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1hr before showtime. Merchant reserves right to substitute closer seat assignment. ADA seating: call California Ballet box office at (858) 560-6741 prior to purchase; limited availability. Holder assumes all risk in connection with event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Kids must be 4 or older & have ticket. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About California Ballet
- The Company: since its inception in 1968, California Ballet has grown into the largest professional ballet company in Southern California
- The Repertoire: California Ballet's principal dancers restage demanding classics such as Giselle, Swan Lake, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but the company also cultivates daring new works (The Great Gatsby, Dracula) and fresh local talent through its school
- The Seasonal Highlight: California Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker at the Civic Theatre, which draws an audience of more than 25,000 people each year