Artistic Director Jared Nelson leads a cast of more than 150 through this brand new rendition of the classic holiday show
What You'll Get
- Seating: orchestra right or left, mezzanine right or left, dress circle right or left, or balcony right or left
- Must purchase G-Passes in the same transaction to sit together.
- Click here to view the seating chart
- For children younger than four, please see California Ballet’s Family Friendly Nutcracker Performance
- Red-carpet photo opportunity on the Civic Plaza one hour before each performance
- Length of performance: 2 hours, 10 minutes (including intermission)
How G-Pass Works: Within an hour of purchase, your G-Pass will be in your account. You may redeem your G-Pass via the mobile app when you enter the venue. You may also print it out in advance. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
California Ballet presents The Nutcracker
Artistic Director Jared Nelson leads the California Ballet through a brand-new interpretation of The Nutcracker, with visionary choreography plus sparkling new costumes and sets. Once again, the San Diego Symphony Orchestra will take on the composer’s masterful score as a cast of more than 150 brings to life the story of young Clara’s adventure through a dreamland of snow and ice. The result is a magical holiday tradition stunningly realized.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a G-Pass?
A G-Pass is a voucher that is also your ticket. Simply present your G-Pass at the theater entrance. There is no need to go to the box office.
Can I redeem my G-Pass on my mobile phone?
Yes! This venue’s ticket scanners are compatible with mobile devices.
How do I know where my seats are?
Your seating location will be printed on your G-Pass.
Can I choose my seats?
You will not be able to select your specific seats, but your seats will be within the sections stated in the option you purchased. Seats purchased in the same transaction will be seated together.
My seats are all odd/even numbers. Are they together?
Yes! At this theater, odd-numbered seats are on one side of the house and evens are on the other.
Are there any age restrictions?
Children must be at least four years old to attend the full length performance. For children younger than 4, please see California Ballet’s Toddler Friendly Nutcracker Performance
Are my tickets refundable?
Tickets are refundable only before midnight on day of purchase.
Do children need a ticket?
Yes, all children need a ticket.
How long is the show?
The show is 2 hours and 10 minutes including one intermission. Late seating is restricted.
I need ADA/Handicapped seating. What should I do?
Please call the California Ballet Company directly at (858) 560-6741 before purchasing your deal.
The Fine Print
About California Ballet
- The Company: since its inception in 1968, California Ballet has grown into the largest professional ballet company in Southern California
- The Repertoire: California Ballet's principal dancers restage demanding classics such as Giselle, Swan Lake, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but the company also cultivates daring new works (The Great Gatsby, Dracula) and fresh local talent through its school
- The Seasonal Highlight: California Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker at the Civic Theatre, which draws an audience of more than 25,000 people each year