- $20 for one ticket to Beyond the Barre (up to $35 value)
- Ticket holders can enjoy champagne and chocolates before the performance
- When: Saturday, February 14, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Lawrence Family JCC David & Dorothea Garfield Theatre
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Romeo and Juliet: In the famous balcony scene of Prokofiev’s ballet, scenes of tentative young yearning build to a showy display of leaps and turns as Romeo exults in his new love and his own high spirits.
- Suite Vivaldi: Francesco Gella choreographed this piece in honor of California Ballet’s 35th anniversary (the traditional gift for that year being a troupe of dancers). During one striking movement, a stilled female dancer is borne across and around the stage like a piece of expensive artwork by her earthbound partner.
- Brahms Waltzes: Brahms has often been best loved when working in popular forms, and his waltzes accessibly evoke moods of serenity and contemplation. They’re a natural fit for actual dancers to perform in the late Charles Bennett’s choreography.
- New works: soloist Jeremy Zapanta’s self-choreographed At the Center and a piece from principal dancer Trystan Merrick
- The Company: since its inception in 1968, California Ballet has grown into the largest professional ballet company in Southern California
- The Repertoire: California Ballet's principal dancers restage demanding classics such as Giselle, Swan Lake, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but the company also cultivates daring new works (The Great Gatsby, Dracula) and fresh local talent through its school
- The Seasonal Highlight: California Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker at the Civic Theatre, which draws an audience of more than 25,000 people each year
4126 Executive Dr.
La Jolla, CA 92037Get Directions