What You'll Get
Ballet dancers spend an unusual amount of time on their toes, much like the coworker who creeps up behind your chair every day just to watch you for a while. Gaze at grace with this deal.
- One three-ticket subscription to see California Ballet’s Dracula, The Nutcracker, and Sleeping Beauty
- Where: San Diego Civic Theatre
- Door time: one hour before each performance
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view performance dates and times.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Staged just in time for Halloween, Dracula brings Bram Stoker’s opus to life by fusing the music of Wagner with gypsy brass. It was originally conceived and choreographed for the company by the late Charles Bennett in 1987, and has since gone on to draw critical acclaim and enjoy numerous productions from coast to coast. Mina Murray, Jonathan Harker, and the vampire-slaying scholar Professor Van Helsing engage the titular ghoul in a deadly dance that incorporates tango and waltz as an undercurrent of unrequited passion runs throughout. In a 1992 interview, Bennett told the Hartford Courant, “It’s basically a love story . . . my assumption is that Dracula certainly falls in love with all these women,” though he makes the classic romantic mistakes of coming on too strong and being an incarnation of pure evil.<p>
Produced with an assist from the San Diego Symphony, The Nutcracker brings back a well-known holiday tradition. On Christmas Eve, Clara’s toys come to life to help stave off the villainous Mouse King as Tchaikovsky’s score tip-toes, then sprints to a magical climax. Audiences are invited to meet the cast at post-show Sugar Plum Parties after matinee performances.<p>
Written by Tchaikovsky in 1889, Sleeping Beauty has stood as one of ballet’s most beloved pieces since its glowing debut at St. Petersburg’s Imperial Maryinsky Theatre. The traditional tale of a princess cursed to sleep for 100 years by a malevolent fairy comes alive with choreography adapted from legendary ballet master Marius Petipa, whose powerful and technically dazzling movements have remained the standard for more than a century.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of 1st show for tickets at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name provided at check-out at San Diego Civic Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects California Ballet's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About California Ballet
- The Company: since its inception in 1968, California Ballet has grown into the largest professional ballet company in Southern California
- The Repertoire: California Ballet's principal dancers restage demanding classics such as Giselle, Swan Lake, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but the company also cultivates daring new works (The Great Gatsby, Dracula) and fresh local talent through its school
- The Seasonal Highlight: California Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker at the Civic Theatre, which draws an audience of more than 25,000 people each year