What You'll Get
- One ticket to California Ballet’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- When: Saturday, April 11 at 7:30 p.m., or Sunday, April 12 at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: San Diego Civic Theatre\
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Run Time - Approximately 2 hours, 15 minutes including two intermissions
- Your Groupons are redeemable for actual pre-assigned seats on the day of the performance at the Groupon Table in the lobby of the Civic Theatre beginning 60 minutes prior to curtain
- $22 for upper loge or balcony (up to $46.50 value) - (All seating in this area involves stairs)
- $30 for rear mezzanine or rear dress circle (up to $62.25 value)
- $40 for rear orchestra or front mezzanine (up to $72.50 value)
- $60 for gold rope section (up to $98 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Ticket Holders are invited to come in Fairy Costume (or just the wings) and join us on the Red Carpet before the show for a Photo Op and the chance to win Gold Rope tickets to The Nutcracker
- Face Painters will be working their magic before the show and during the first intermission. Meet the dancers at our Fairy Frenzy party after the Sunday Matinee in the Grand Salon & shop for fairy wings and gifts at our boutique.
- Signature Drinks at the Bar:
- Adult (alcoholic) - Fairy Fusion
- Children (non-alcoholic) - Pixie Punch
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
A Midsummer Night’s Dream interprets Shakespeare’s tale of quarreling lovers and mischievous fairies, sending audiences on a romp rife with comic misunderstandings and imps named after hockey equipment. Puck, the servant to the king of the fairies, sets off a chain reaction when his love potion causes the fairy queen to fall in love with a weaver-turned-donkey. Then, human lovers fall into the mix, and a night of confusion unfolds in a magical forest.
Felix Mendelssohn’s seminal overture and incidental music spurs the dancers through the tale of magical trickery. The score ranges from the grand organ swells and trumpet fanfares of the Wedding March to a rustic peasant dance built around a string refrain that imitates the sound of a braying donkey, working with the vibrant motions to keep even littler family members entertained.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Children must be at least 4 years old to attend. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at the venue. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase under the same name in a single purchase to sit together. Assigned seats. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1hr before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About California Ballet
- The Company: since its inception in 1968, California Ballet has grown into the largest professional ballet company in Southern California
- The Repertoire: California Ballet's principal dancers restage demanding classics such as Giselle, Swan Lake, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but the company also cultivates daring new works (The Great Gatsby, Dracula) and fresh local talent through its school
- The Seasonal Highlight: California Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker at the Civic Theatre, which draws an audience of more than 25,000 people each year