What You'll Get
Although it only takes two to tango, it takes an entire dance company to ward off gangs of square-dancing street toughs. Admire pretty defensive prowess with this GrouponLive deal to see the California Ballet’s production of Cinderella at the San Diego Civic Theatre. Choose from the following options:
- For $12, you get one upper-balcony ticket (a $25 value).
- For $25, you get one upper dress-circle or upper-mezzanine ticket (a $50 value). Seats will be on the sides of these sections.<p>
Seating options are available for one of the following performances: * Saturday, May 5, at 7 p.m. * Sunday, May 6, at 1 p.m.<p>
Doors open one hour before each performance. The performance is approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes and includes two intermissions. Access to balcony seating requires the use of stairs.
California Ballet’s grandiose production of Cinderella, choreographed by Toni Pimble, drops jaws with its majestic set pieces, ornate costumes, and alluring narration of a classic fairy tale familiar to young and old. As Russian composer Sergei Prokofiev’s sweeping overture introduces Act I, principal dancer Chie Kudo dons the dusty mantle of Cinderella, who gracefully labors under the tyranny of her evil, buffoonish, and suspiciously masculine stepsisters (played by male performers). On her quest to find true love before the clock strikes midnight, the poor heroine receives assistance from fairies, gnomes, and daylight saving time. California Ballet’s extraordinary interpretation of the time-honored tale delights children older than 3 and creates a lively viewing experience, which SanDiego.com journalist Brian Schaefer described by saying, “The excitement of the crowd was palpable. I can’t remember the last time a theater erupted in cheers as the lights dimmed on the first act.”
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 25 per person. Redeem on day of show for admission at the Groupon table located inside the lobby of the San Diego Civic Theatre. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which will be provided to California Ballet Company. California Ballet is the issuer of tickets. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects California Ballet's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. All children require a ticket and must be at least 3 years old to attend. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About California Ballet
- The Company: since its inception in 1968, California Ballet has grown into the largest professional ballet company in Southern California
- The Repertoire: California Ballet's principal dancers restage demanding classics such as Giselle, Swan Lake, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but the company also cultivates daring new works (The Great Gatsby, Dracula) and fresh local talent through its school
- The Seasonal Highlight: California Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker at the Civic Theatre, which draws an audience of more than 25,000 people each year