What You'll Get
- $30 for one G-Pass ticket to see Calle 13 (up to $51.70 value)
- When: Wednesday, May 21, at 8 p.m.
- Where: City National Civic
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- The mouthpiece: singer René Pérez Joglar, aka Residente
- The multi-instrumentalist/mix-master: Eduardo José Cabra Martínez, aka Visitante
- How they got their band name and aliases: as stepbrothers who remained friends when their parents split, Eduardo often visited René at his home on 13th Street, where they began making music and art together
- Their breakthrough: 2005’s “Querido FBI,” a scathing underground track about the killing of Puerto Rican revolutionary leader Filiberto Ojeda Ríos, which they recorded within 30 hours of his death. It immediately went viral.
- In less than 10 years : the group has garnered 19 Latin Grammy awards (more than any artist ever) and two standard-issue Grammy awards
- Although they’re big in the reggaeton scene: the label doesn’t do justice to their musical palette, which covers electronica, world music, Latin folk, and rock, often within the span of one song
- Residente’s rapping style: sharp, yet clownish and sarcastic
- Instruments you might see Visitante playing: electric guitar, synthesizers, accordions, melodicas, a Puerto Rican cuatro, theremins, floor tiles
- The duo’s latest album: Multi_Viral
- Most mind-blowing collaboration on the record: the title track, featuring Rage Against The Machine’s Tom Morello on guitar, guest vocals from Palestinian singer Kamilya Jubran, and, no kidding, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 22, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Use for admission at City National Civic on 5/21. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.