Since 2008, the Canadian Sport Film Festival has been showcasing international films and filmmakers, with a focus on sports-related stories
What You'll Get
- $5 for one ticket to a single film screening (up to $13.50 value)
- The Surrounding Game on Saturday, June 10, at 11:30 a.m.
- Daddy Loves You on Sunday, June 11, at noon
- Baglar on Sunday, June 11, at 2:30 p.m.
Canadian Sport Film Festival
- The Surrounding Game: This documentary follows two very different communities based around Go, an East Asian board game that’s been played for thousands of years. First, the Asian students as young as 5 who train at special academies for a shot at going pro. And second, a ragtag group in America trying to “find their Bobby Fischer.”
- Daddy Loves You: Jussi Koivula is a Finnish boxer who was orphaned at 12, then lost two siblings to drug and alcohol abuse. Once a rising star, Jussi is recuperating from a serious eye injury, and this documentary follows his path back into the ring.
- Baglar: This Turkish documentary tells the story of Gokhan Yildirim, a primary-school teacher in a region wrapped up in political turmoil. Gokhan has created a sports club for hundreds of local youth, including a boys’ basketball team fighting to reach the national championships in spite of the poverty and prejudice that surrounds them.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 12/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem with valid ID on day of event for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. TIFF Bell Lightbox is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. Disability seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.