- One ticket to see either Rat in the Skull or Collected Stories
- When: select dates, April 23–May 10
- Where: The People’s Center Theater
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $10 for performances on Thursdays at 8 p.m. (up to $23.76 value)
- $12 for performances on Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., and Sundays at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. (up to $23.76 value)
Rat in the Skull
When a young member of the Irish Republican Army is arrested for his suspected involvement in a terrorist bombing, his interrogation by British law enforcement quickly devolves from questioning to a brutal beating. Ron Hutchinson’s Rat in the Skull looks at a country torn apart by internal conflict, giving audiences a glimpse of the struggles, grievances, and failings of both captors and captives, of rebels and officers, and of one angry man against another.
Written by Pulitzer-winning playwright Donald Margulies, Collected Stories has been lauded by the New York Times as an “engaging tale of aesthetics and ethics with intelligence and sharp, literate humor.” The play’s six scenes act as peepholes in time, charting six years in the relationship between respected New York author Ruth Steiner and her talented young protégé Lisa Morrison. As Lisa’s literary star begins its ascent, the balance of power between teacher and student shifts as well, unearthing questions of bygone success and the ethics of authorship.
The Candid Theater Company
The mission is in the name: since its founding in 1998, The Candid Theater Company has focused on staging dramas that address universal human experiences with unflinching honesty. That goal is enacted through newly developed plays, as well as dynamic productions of existing works. And, believing "that theatre and all the arts should be accessible to everyone," the company stages those plays at an eclectic variety of venues—their portable fourth wall has been raised at bars, churches, and prisons. It's an unconventional approach that has won the group plenty of praise from audiences and critics alike.