Musical theater combines two of the most fun activities in the world: singing and lying. Make believe with this GrouponLive deal.
- $24 for two tickets to Trey Parker's Cannibal! The Musical (up to $52.50 value)
- When: Saturday, July 26, at 6 p.m. or 9:15 p.m.
- Where: Alberta Rose Theatre
- Seating: general admission in the Gore-Free Zone
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
Trey Parker's Cannibal! The Musical
Before they were the Peabody-, Emmy-, Academy-, Grammy-, and Tony-honored creators of South Park and The Book of Mormon, Matt Stone and Trey Parker were college kids with nothing more than a camera, a love of musical theater, and a twisted yet intelligent sense of humor. Combining these limited resources, they masterminded Cannibal! The Musical, a boldly goofy and gory retelling of Alferd Packer, who, in 1874, was accused of cannibalism while trekking through the Colorado Territories. Parker and Stone's darkly funny biopic—complete with tongue-in-cheek songs like "Shpadoinkle," "When I Was on Top of You," and "Let's Build a Snowman"—was released in 1993, covering Alferd's travels, trial, and subsequent fate. The film has gathered a loyal cult following in the years since, with the stage adaptation making its Off-Broadway debut in 2001 and getting produced all over the country to this very day.