A voice has the power to stir the soul, just as an untranquilized bear has the power to stir a school bus into a frenzy. Paw at some powerful sound waves with this GrouponLive deal to see “Live from Las Vegas! Carly Matt Sings Cinema” at the Des Plaines Theatre. For $22, you get a ticket package (up to a $45 total value, including all fees) that includes:
- One ticket for general-admission seating (a $15 value)
- One tour of the historic Des Plaines Theatre (a $10 value). Tours begin one hour before showtime.
- Early seating privileges (a $5 value)
- One drink (up to a $5 value)
- A meet and greet with the performers after the show (a $10 value)
Choose from the following performances:
* Thursday, March 15, at 7:30 p.m.
* Friday, March 16, at 8 p.m.
* Saturday, March 17, at 7 p.m.
* Sunday, March 18, at 3 p.m.
Though Carly Matt was born and raised in Arlington Heights, it was under Las Vegas spotlights where her voice initially blossomed. The singer’s range expanded to four octaves as she belted out tunes at Vegas hotspots such as The Venetian, Mandalay Bay, and the mayor’s stoop. During a string of upcoming two-hour performances with local crooner Rob Riddle, Carly brings her cabaret-style chops back to Chicago, allowing audiences to slip into scenes from films such as Funny Girl or The Bodyguard when she sings “Don’t Rain on My Parade” or “I Will Always Love You.”
In addition to the show, guests can chat with Carly and Rob, and they can glimpse the vaudevillian past and the historic treasures the theater recently revealed and reported in the Daily Herald. Among the tour highlights is the Spanish art deco–style plasterwork scrawled with the signatures of 1920s performers, which were covered up for decades after a 1930s public ordinance outlawed cursive.