What You'll Get
Concerts are meticulously coordinated events, with dedicated roadies ensuring that each instrument is tuned and that each baby knows when it's time to crawl onstage. See a seamless show with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to the Carmel Bach Festival
- Where: Sunset Center Theater
- Seating: general admission unless otherwise noted
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $49 for two tickets to Stephen Prutsman Plays Bach . . . and more! on Thursday, July 18, at 8 p.m. plus two bottles of wine and admission to Groupon-exclusive pre-concert reception (up to a $240 total value)
- $49 for two tickets to Concert Fantastique on Friday, July 19, at 8 p.m. and admission to pre-concert reception (up to a $152 value)
- $49 for two tickets in the front orchestra, rear orchestra, or middle balcony sections to Stephen Prutsman Plays Bach . . . and more! on Thursday, July 25, at 8 p.m. (up to a $140 value)
- $49 for two tickets in the front orchestra, rear orchestra, or middle balcony sections to Concert Fantastique on Friday, July 26, at 8 p.m. (up to a $140 value)
- $25 for two tickets in the front orchestra, rear orchestra, or middle balcony sections to Virginia Best Adams Masterclass Showcase on Saturday, July 27, at 1:30 p.m. (up to a $54 value)
Carmel Bach Festival 2013
- Who you'll hear at the Schubert Octet: Grammy-nominated horn player Christopher Cooper and New York Times-praised bassoonist Dominic Teresi
- The "more" in each Stephen Prutsman Plays Bach . . . and more!: Prutsman's Two Jazz Piano Etudes (Shadows and Dog) and Darius Milhaud's La création du monde
- Composers you'll hear at each Concert Fantastique: Jean-Philippe Rameau, Maurice Ravel, Hector Berlioz
- The namesake of the Virginia Best Adams Masterclass Showcase was an environmentalist, the first woman elected to the board of the Sierra Club, and the wife and collaborator of Ansel Adams
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 3/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of event at venue. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Sunset Center Theater. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem/purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Carmel Bach Festival's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hr before event time. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Carmel Bach Festival
The first Carmel Bach Festival, held in 1935, was a modest, four-day affair held partially in a school auditorium. Today, the event stretches across two weeks, hosting not only concerts, but also classes, lectures, galas, and even open rehearsals. At heart, however, the festival hasn't changed—it's still a celebration of the music and legacy of Johann Sebastian Bach. As with his 1706 reality show, Bach is the star here, but performers also pay tribute to his influence with works by other composers. The musicians themselves are an equal draw for audiences, showcasing press-lauded and award-winning skills during each symphonic masterwork.