Driving really fast is illegal unless you’re on a racetrack or in New Hampshire during one of the state’s No Law Wednesdays. Live free and drive with this GrouponLive deal.
- Friday night stock car racing
- When: Any race scheduled from July 26 through October 24; all races begin at 8 p.m.
- Where: Carolina Speedway
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Click here to view the complete schedule<p>
- $6 for one ticket (up to a $12 value)
- $11 for two tickets (up to a $24 value)<p>
Children younger than 12 get free admission with an adult.<p>
Carolina Speedway’s red-dirt track earns its stripes as stock cars skid atop its muddy surface, vying for position while their mighty engines roar out of exhilaration. Race nights feature drivers in a variety of racing classes––such as Late Model, Four Cylinder, and Renegade––putting the pedal to the metal in hopes of adding points under their name on the scoreboard. From the bleachers, fans get a bird’s-eye view of speed demons narrowly avoiding each other and heading into the straightaways. On certain race nights, fireworks fill the air after the last checkered flag has been waved. Carolina Speedway’s events are BYOB, and racing fans are invited to bring coolers of any size to sate their thirsts or store spare tires picked up after the race.