- One ticket to see Carousel or Madame Butterfly at the 2014 Glimmerglass Festival
- Where: Alice Busch Opera Theater
- Seating: rear balcony
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Ticketing and Performance Options
- $35 to see Carousel on Saturday, July 12, at 8 p.m.; or Saturday, July 26, at 1:30 p.m. (up to $76.50 value)
- $35 to see Madame Butterfly on Friday, July 11, at 7:30 p.m.; Sunday, July 13, at 1:30 p.m.; or Saturday, July 26, at 8 p.m. (up to $76.50 value)
- $35 to see Madame Butterfly on Thursday, July 24, at 7:30 p.m. (up to $61.50 value)
Rodgers and Hammerstein's drama was hailed as the best musical of the 20th century by TIME, and has remained a beloved favorite since its debut in 1945. The story starts simply enough: young love blossoms between carnival barker Billy and millworker Julie. But bad luck—and bad choices—seem to separate them forever. The source of such favorite songs as "June is Bustin' Out All Over," "If I Loved You," and "You'll Never Walk Alone," Carousel warms hearts and jerks tears with its story of lasting love and redemption.
Giacomo Puccini’s Madame Butterfly follows the tragic tale of Cio-Cio-San, nicknamed Butterfly, and her marriage to a US naval officer named Pinkerton. Butterfly forsakes her family and her religion for her new husband, only to watch him promptly leave for America. Three years later, Pinkerton returns with his new wife. See the tragedy of their lives unfold with The Glimmerglass Festival’s original production sung in Italian with projected English text.
Alice Busch Opera Theater
7300 State Highway 80
Cooperstown, NY 13326