- $20 for two tickets to a concert (up to $40 value)
- Where: Sam Houston Race Park
- Section: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
Concert Options * Casey Donahew on Saturday, March 29 * Cody Canada and the Departed on Saturday, April 5 * Concerts begin promptly after the conclusion of the final race
Admission to the concert is free if you purchase a general-admission ticket to the races prior to 8 p.m. This Groupon is best for guests who do not plan to attend the races or arrive before 8 p.m.
- Casey Donahew is: a Texas drawler who got his start on the bar circuit in 2002
- Since then: he’s stayed on the bar scene, but branched out with the booming sales of five studio albums and one live release
- What you might hear: the country-fried love song “Double-Wide Dream,” the ode to his old stomping grounds “Stockyards,” or the helpful counting tune “One Star Flag”
- What you might hear if you ask nicely: twangy covers of hip-hop tracks “In Da Club” and “Ice Ice Baby”
Cody Canada and the Departed
- How you met Cody Canada: as the frontman of Cross Canadian Ragweed
- What he did when they broke up in 2010: kept on playing old-fashioned country with the help of fellow Okies Steve Littleton and David Bowen, and Texas guitarist Seth James
- What his ragged-leather vocals do best: give down-and-out country folk a voice; sing about dirt roads and tornadoes; sound rugged reciting the grocery list
- The Departed’s albums, ranked from least to most descriptive titles: Adventūs, This Is Indian Country, Some Old, Some New, Maybe a Cover or Two
95% of 37 customers recommend