What You'll Get
- $20 for two tickets to a concert (up to $40 value)
- Where: Sam Houston Race Park
- Section: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
Concert Options * Casey Donahew on Saturday, March 29 * Cody Canada and the Departed on Saturday, April 5 * Concerts begin promptly after the conclusion of the final race
Admission to the concert is free if you purchase a general-admission ticket to the races prior to 8 p.m. This Groupon is best for guests who do not plan to attend the races or arrive before 8 p.m.
- Casey Donahew is: a Texas drawler who got his start on the bar circuit in 2002
- Since then: he’s stayed on the bar scene, but branched out with the booming sales of five studio albums and one live release
- What you might hear: the country-fried love song “Double-Wide Dream,” the ode to his old stomping grounds “Stockyards,” or the helpful counting tune “One Star Flag”
- What you might hear if you ask nicely: twangy covers of hip-hop tracks “In Da Club” and “Ice Ice Baby”
Cody Canada and the Departed
- How you met Cody Canada: as the frontman of Cross Canadian Ragweed
- What he did when they broke up in 2010: kept on playing old-fashioned country with the help of fellow Okies Steve Littleton and David Bowen, and Texas guitarist Seth James
- What his ragged-leather vocals do best: give down-and-out country folk a voice; sing about dirt roads and tornadoes; sound rugged reciting the grocery list
- The Departed’s albums, ranked from least to most descriptive titles: Adventūs, This Is Indian Country, Some Old, Some New, Maybe a Cover or Two
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of event for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Sam Houston Race Park. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Sam Houston Race Park's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Concert begins immediately after the last American Quarter Horse race. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.