What You'll Get
Although 20% of babies who were exposed to classical music in utero become doctors or lawyers, 100% of babies born on stage during a classical-music performance become Bill Gates. Upgrade your evening with this deal.
- One ticket to “Mostly Mahler” performed by the Castleton Festival Orchestra
- When: Thursday, July 18, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Hylton Performing Arts Center
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $16 for second balcony seating (up to a $33.50 value)
- $24 for first balcony seating (up to a $49.50 value)
- $32 for orchestra seating (up to a $64.75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Under the direction of maestro Lorin Maazel, the 2013 Castleton Festival Orchestra spotlights the works of Gustav Mahler and other beloved composers. Celebrated soprano Jennifer Black lends her soaring voice to the evening’s arrangements.<p>
- Mahler–Symphony No. 4: A reserved first movement flits between pastoral swells and playful trills before the second descends into a danse macabre, lead by an eerily-tuned solo violin representing the German personification of death. The piece concludes swiftly and lyrically as a soprano takes the role of a child describing a feast in Heaven, which oddly is not a 24-hour buffet.
- Mendelssohn–Symphony No. 5, “The Reformation”: Originally composed in celebration of the 300th anniversary of the presentation of the Augsburg Confession—a key moment in the Protestant Reformation—this symphony remains one of Mendelssohn’s lesser-known works. But its sound is anything but timid: the first movement is punctuated by swelling calls from the brass section, while the luminescent fourth movement pays tribute to Martin Luther’s hymn “A Might Fortress Is Our God.”<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 18, 2013. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 7/18 for a ticket at venue will call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Hylton Performing Arts Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Hylton Performing Arts Center's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 2 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.