What You'll Get
- One subscription to the Richmond Symphony’s Casual Fridays concert series
- When: select Fridays at 6:30 p.m. through April 1, 2016
- Where: Carpenter Theatre at Richmond CenterStage
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- $59 for side orchestra seating (up to $90 value)
- $130 for front orchestra seating, plus four vouchers for beer or wine (up to $168 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Richmond Symphony’s Casual Fridays
On one Friday each in October, November, February, and April, the Richmond Symphony presents an hour-long concert in a casual setting. Following the performance, guests are invited to join the orchestra for a happy hour at Coda Urban Bistro.
- Nielsen—Symphony No. 4, The Inextinguishable (October 16): Composed during the First World War, this symphony draws its name from what Nielsen calls “the elemental will to live.” The composition concludes with an explosive battle between two timpani, exciting audiences with rolling beats and gauntlets thrown in perfect time to the music.
- Sibelius—Symphony No. 2 (November 13): This four-movement piece by the renowned Finnish composer has turned heads due to more than just its dramatic finale—many believe it was written as a call for Finland’s independence from Russia. Even though Sibelius himself never confirmed that, the symphony still has become so connected with the country’s struggle for independence that it is sometimes called the “Symphony of Independence.”
- Tchaikovsky—Manfred Symphony (February 5): Tchaikovsky was inspired by Lord Byron’s haunting poem Manfred, and musically retells the story of a wanderer in the wilderness becoming bewitched by supernatural forces and being led to his tragic demise.
- Brahms—Symphony No. 2 (April 1): The four movements of this pastoral piece evoke a sense of fresh green tranquility.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 1, 2016. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 10/16 from 4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. for tickets at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.