Live music unites people from all walks of life, unlike silence, which only unites librarians and people who crack safes. Bond over shared sound waves with today’s GrouponLive deal to Catskill Chill Music Festival at Camp Minglewood in Hancock. Gates open at 9 a.m. every day of the festival. Choose from the following options:
- For $29, you get a single-day festival pass. Choose from the following dates:
- Friday, September 9 (a $60 value at the gate, or a $50 value with advanced purchase online)
- Saturday, September 10 (a $70 value at the gate, or a $60 value with advanced purchase online)
- Sunday, September 11 (a $60 value at the gate, or a $50 value with advanced purchase online)
- For $75, you get a ticket package that includes the following:
- A three-day festival pass with free on-site camping (a $105 value with advanced purchase online)
- A round-trip bus pass from New York City (a $50 value)
Musicians from all corners of the sonic spectrum converge at Camp Minglewood for a weekend festival that celebrates reggae, jazz, funk, bluegrass, and other vibe-enhancing genres. After the resounding success of last year’s inauguration, the meow of the Catskills returns with a lineup that promises bigger bands, longer sets, and more chill jams than an igloo full of fruit preserves. Friday’s schedule features the electronic explorations of Conspirator, a two-piece outfit whose genre-spanning stylings unite house, dubstep, and drum and bass into one pulse-pounding entity. On Saturday, Umphrey’s McGee keep their rabid fan base at bay with Zappa-inspired hand signals that distract from their meaty hooks and allow them to improvise on the fly. 7 Walkers invoke the ghost of Jerry Garcia with their hybrid of Bay Area rock and New Orleans funk, while BoomBox fuses rock ‘n’ roll, vintage psychedelic, and house to bring the fest to a close late Sunday night.
Festivalgoers can wash down the three-stage feast of music with a deluge of activities. Poets deliver verbal body slams on the open-mic stage, while more peaceful exercises occur at morning yoga classes on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Those who purchase the three-day pass should pack a tent and practice their ghost stories to make the most out of a free on-site camping experience, as all cabin and bunkhouse reservations are currently sold out.
350 Bouchoux Brook Rd.
Hancock, New York 13783Get Directions