Hockey combines the speed of basketball, the hard hits of football, and the glistening blades of competitive shaving. Study frozen fusion with this GrouponLive deal.
- $27 for a RoughRiders game-day package for two (a $55.50 total value)
- Where: Cedar Rapids Ice Arena, a.k.a. The Stable
- Seating: Center Ice, marked in blue on the seating chart
- Door time: 90 minutes prior to game-time
- Click here to view the seating chart..<p>
- Two tickets (a $20.75 value each)
- Two game programs (a $2 value each)
- 10 chuck-a-pucks, which fans throw at an on-ice target during intermissions in an effort to earn RoughRiders-themed prizes (a $1 value each)<p>
Choose from the following games:
- The home opener against Sioux Falls on Saturday, September 28, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against Youngstown on Friday, October 4, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against Dubuque on Saturday, October 12, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against Youngstown on Friday, October 25, at 7:05 p.m.<p>
The Scouting Report
In less than a week, the RoughRiders rumble into a new season during their home opener at The Stable—and this year, they’ve brought in some help from Europe. Newly added prospect Ivan Provorov was brought in from Russia over the off season to beef up the team’s defense. Provorov brings to the ice a full set of skills: he can skate, shoot, pass, and keep his cool in the face of even the most elaborate yo mama joke. On the offensive side, forward Andrew Poturalski returns after a 12-goal, 33-point performance a season ago. Both Provorov and Poturalski need to be on their games early in the season, especially on October 12 against Dubuque, a team that has captured two of the last three USHL championships.
Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
Despite being a relatively young organization, the RoughRiders have done an impressive job of filling up their trophy case. The team officially moved from Mason City to Cedar Rapids in 1999, leaving behind their Huskies moniker in the process. It’s been one accomplishment after another ever since. In 2005, the RoughRiders claimed their first Clark Cup as champions of the USHL. That same season, they brought home the Anderson Cup, too, for posting the league’s best record during the regular season—a feat they repeated in 2011. RoughRiders fans have witnessed much of this success at the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena. Known affectionately as The Stable for its rowdy, but family friendly atmosphere, the arena echoes with clanging cowbells on game days to celebrate goals and drive away feral Zambonis lurking outside the building.