- $25 for one ticket to see Michael W. Smith (up to $45 value)
- When: Friday, July 24, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Celebrity Theatre
- Seating: B-level, rows 14–25
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
Michael W. Smith
- Michael W. Smith’s gift: creating inspirational contemporary Christian music
- Age when he wrote his first song: 5
- His big break: playing keyboards in 1982 for a then-unknown singer named Amy Grant
- “Place in this World”: the hit that crossed over from the Christian charts to the mainstream Billboard Hot 100
- 40: number of Dove Awards
- 3: number of Grammy Awards
- 9: number of additional Grammy nominations
- 12: number of books he’s written
- 30: number of years he’s been an active singer-songwriter, as well as the months of vacation time he’s probably earned
- Worship anthems you might hear live: “Awesome God,” “Friends,” “Above All,” and new tracks from his 2014 studio album, Sovereign
- Nathan Trasker’s gift: writing faith-based songs about loss, sorrow, and hope, which helped him win the 2011 Australian Artist of the Year from The Rock Across Australia
- Check out: 2014’s deeply personal Man on a Wire
Celebrity Theatre's distinctive in-the-round construction keeps show-goers close to the action, with no seat more than 70 feet from the performers. The slowly rotating stage ensures each audience member can bask in singers' flashing smiles and search the backs of their heads for bonus flashing smiles.