Country music harks back to a more courteous era, when kids still called women “ma’am” and men “daddy ma’am.” Tip your hat to the good ol’ days with this GrouponLive deal.
- $29 for one ticket to see Martina McBride: Presented by Pandora Jewelry (up to a $74.75 value)
- When: Friday, June 21, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Celebrity Theatre
- Seating: B-ring rows 14–25
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- Big hits (and the big themes they cover): “Independence Day” and “A Broken Wing” (domestic abuse), “I’m Gonna Love You Through It” (breast cancer), “Teenage Daughters” (teenage daughters)
- How the New York Times described her in a review of a concert at Penn Station: “one of the biggest and most healing voices in Nashville,” on tour supporting an “impressive, impassioned new album”
- Number of songs she co-authored on that album, 2011’s Eleven: six
- Musicians in her current band: six
- Bandmate she’s closest to, genetically: Marty Schiff, her guitarist and brother
- Population of Sharon, Kansas, where they grew up: 158 (as of the 2010 census)
- How she broke into show biz: selling souvenirs on tour with Garth Brooks, who eventually offered her a slot as his opening act
- Causes the Team Martina national volunteer organization has worked to benefit: cancer research, the Ronald McDonald House children’s medical charity<p>
Celebrity Theatre's distinctive in-the-round construction keeps show-goers close to the action, with no seat more than 70 feet from the performers. The slowly rotating stage ensures each audience member can bask in singers' flashing smiles and search the backs of their heads for bonus flashing smiles.
91% of 179 customers recommend
“There are no bad seats in the venuerotating stagealways a awesome time”
“Sweet are good wherever u sit”
“I liked the rotating stage. Also, due to the fact that the theater doesn't hold too many people, it makes a private party experience.”