It's always great to hear your favorite song live, because you can sing along and see what the notes look like as they float out of the instruments. See the music with this GrouponLive deal.
- $28 for one G-Pass to see the Charlie Daniels Band with Bret Michaels and The Marshall Tucker Band (up to $67.65 value)
- When: Saturday, May 31, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Times Union Center
- Seating: section 207, 208, 228, or 229
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- A daylong event to support local veterans and raise funds for the construction of a Campus for Veterans
- What to do before the big concert: catch The Ride for Soldier On motorcycle parade, which kicks off at 10:30 a.m., and attend the street festival from noon to 6 p.m. outside Times Union Center
- Street-festival events include: performances from local musicians, including the seventh and eighth graders of No.2; the area's top motorcycle builders and trophy ceremony at the custom motorcycle show; an auction to win a signed guitar by Charlie Daniels or a signed tambourine from Marshall Tucker frontman Doug Gray
The Big Show
Charlie Daniels Band
- How long Charlie Daniels has been playing that fiddle hard: more than 50 years
- His fortes: rabble-rousing spirit, red-white-and-blue circulatory system, country tunes that take the backroads into Southern rock
- The Beelzebub-whuppin' hit that brings down the house: "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
- As the lead singer of Poison: Bret Michaels gave the world monster hits such as “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” and “Nothin' But a Good Time”
- As a philanthropist: he uses his celebrity powers to battle diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, and cancer, and support our troops
- As a solo artist: crowds can expect a batch of Poison favorites, new tunes such as "A Beautiful Soul," and caterwauling fans pelting him with wedding garters
The Marshall Tucker Band
- As early stars of the burgeoning Southern-rock genre: The Marshall Tucker Band appeals to fans of rock, country, gospel, and just plain ol' good songs sung from the heart and gut
- '70s hits that still warm the hearts of inner ramblers and lovelorn outlaws: “Heard It in a Love Song” and “Fire on the Mountain”
- Fun fact: although lead singer Doug Gray is used to being called Marshall, nobody in the band is named Marshall Tucker
Times Union Center
51 S Pearl St.
Albany, NY 12207