- $82 for seating in sections 3–4, 11–12, or 13, row R (up to $117 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- How old-school fans know Charlie Wilson: as the velvet-voiced lead singer of The Gap Band, who were responsible for “Party Train,” “You Dropped a Bomb On Me,” and several other R&B/funk hits of the ’70s and ’80s
- How modern-day hip hop fans know Charlie Wilson: as the supplier of hooks for everyone from Snoop Dogg (“Beautiful”) to Kanye West (“All of the Lights,” “Bound 2”) and Case (“Another Man”)
- How award-show fans know him: as the recipient of eleven Grammy nominations since 1997
- His most recent Grammy nod: a nomination for Best Album for 2015’s Forever Charlie, featuring the single “Goodnight Kisses” and collaborations with Snoop Dogg and Shaggy
- Jams you might hear: Gap Band classics such as “Early in the Morning” and “Party Train,” sultry solo hits such as “You Are” and “I Wanna Be Your Man,” and soulful covers ranging from Snoop to Kanye
At Arena Theatre, nobody sits farther than 60 feet from the show. Most concertgoers who’ve squinted their ways through major concerts at other venues can attest that the in-the-round seating arrangement and revolving stage are causes for celebration. And the stars have noticed. Since the 1970s, the state-of-the-art venue has attracted a long list of legendary performers including Willie Nelson, Tom Jones, and Aretha Franklin. While their golden vocal chords ring through the stellar acoustics, fans sink into comfy seats, savor a flashy light system, and discard their unnecessary opera glasses.
7326 Southwest Fwy.
Houston, TX 77074