What You'll Get
- $15 for one G-Pass to Chicago and REO Speedwagon (up to $31 value)
- When: Tuesday, August 19, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Section: general-admission lawn
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.<p>
How G-Pass Works:</b> Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Estimated number of albums sold worldwide: more than 100 million
- Number of Top 10 singles: 21
- Place in Billboard magazine’s top 100 artists of all time: 13, making them the highest-ranked American band (not counting solo artists)
- Chicago is the first American rock band to: chart albums in the Top 40 across six decades.
- How many albums Chicago has released: XXXIV, which doesn’t require counting since the band politely numbers all of their albums
- For their 1969 debut album, Chicago was known as: Chicago Transit Authority. However, the band was forced to shorten its name by the actual Chicago Transit Authority.
- That self-titled album, Chicago Transit Authority, was recently named a 2014 inductee to the Grammy Hall of Fame.
- Chicago members who have been with the band since 1967: Robert Lamm, Walter Parazaider, Lee Loughnane, James Pankow
- Chicago hits you know by heart, especially if you’re in the Notre Dame Marching Band: “25 or 6 to 4,” “Saturday in the Park”
- Chicago prog-rock songs you’re likely to hear: “Questions 67 and 68,” “I’m a Man”<p>
- How they got their start: touring the Midwest in the late 1960s in an old station wagon
- Album that put them on the map: 1980’s Hi Infidelity
- What made Hi Infidelity so great: a track listing of passionate chartbusters including “Keep On Loving You”
- The album’s other claims to fame: it contained the spurned-lover kiss-off “Take It on the Run;” it was certified 9 times platinum; it was #1 on the Billboard 200 chart for 15 weeks
- Recent tour that took REO Speedwagon across the country: the Midwest Rock N’ Roll Express tour with STYX and Ted Nugent<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 19, 2014. Limit 8 per person. G-Pass not redeemable with mobile app. Use for admission at Saratoga Performing Arts Center on 8/19. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.